|Fees (EUR)||English studies for EU*||English studies for non-EU|
|Citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia,Tajikistan, Turkmenistan,Georgia , Ukraine as well as all South American countries are subject to the same fees as EU citizens|
Would you like to become familiar with all types of diets and assess their positive or possible negative impact on human body? Choose Dietetics and you will gain the necessary knowledge of specific nutrition guidelines (depending on age, health and work conditions) as well as the nutritional value, quality and calorie content of individual ingredients, not to mention the principles behind combining them into dishes, meal serving and distribution (e.g., catering service).
You will learn about nutritional requirements of children, young and elderly people, among others. The skills you will acquire also include nutritional planning and quality assessment for mass caterers, especially secure institutions such as kindergartens, hospitals and sanatoria. You will become equipped to develop menus and balance nutrients for specific health cases.
You will acquire specialist knowledge necessary to
- plan rational diets for different population groups,
- plan and prepare meals in line with individual diet guidelines,
- follow technologies for food production and meal preparation, serving and distribution,
- prevent dietary ailments,
- assess the nutritional status of the healthy and the sick,
- assess the interaction between pharmacotherapy and nutrition,
- control food product quality,
- arrange individual, group and therapeutic nourishment suited to the patient’s age and health status,
- provide nutrition education classes and counselling.
The content of the program is based on the most up-to-date scientific knowledge in biology, biochemistry, physiology, clinical medicine, preventive healthcare, hygiene, food technology and meal preparation techniques. Practical skills are developed during nutrition and dietetic internships at hospitals and care facilities.
There are no reviews yet.